Thursday, May 22, 2014

Watercolored Flower Card with Derwent Watersoluble Metallic Pencils

Today, I made a card using a gorgeous flower stamp.  The stamp is drawn as a poppy, but I stretched the idea of that flower and colored it pink with Derwent Watersoluble Metallic pencils. These pencils, when blended out with water, are not really metallic looking.  If you color on dark cardstock and do not wet, they look a lot more metallic.   However, they blend out really nicely!


Supplies:
Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 1
Archival Ink Jet Black
Derwent Watersoluble Metallic Pencils
Distress Ink Antique Linen
Spellbinders Oval
Gina K Designs Kraft Cardstock
My Minds Eye Bramble Rose 6x6 Paper pad
Prima Nature Garden 6x6 Paper pad


I also lined my envelope with a sheet of the same paper I used in the card.  It  is easier than you think!  Here is a tutorial from StampTV.



This card and envelope are entered in the following challenge:


I appreciate your stopping by my blog! Thank you!

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I love the matching envelope...those design papers are fabulous...as is your card. I have not tried those pencils but they sound versatile. I like that they work on dark or light papers.

Far North said...

Stunning! You have a fabulous eye for combining pattern papers with your beautiful image.The lined envelope is a nice touch for sharing this wonderful card.