Thursday, January 15, 2015

Purple & Teal Color Challenge - Wild Flowers Card

This card was made for a color challenge - Purple and Teal.  I did not have a teal ink so I mixed two colors of Distress ink - Broken China and Mowed Lawn.  Not only did this get me to teal, but there is also a nice subtle color gradient in those stamps.  



Stamps: Gina K Designs Wild Flowers designed by Melanie Muenchinger
Inks: Distress Broken China, Mowed Lawn and Dusty Concord
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Fancy Frame and Floral set

This card is being submitted to the following challenge(s):
ModSquad Challenge Blog Purple and Teal Color Combo


3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is indeed beautiful and your colors are "spot on" with the mixing of the two shades. I was pretty much in the same boat as none of my card stocks or my inks were the correct shade of teal.

Joyce Erb said...

Love the embossing. This is my favorite quote ever! Love this stamp set and you did it proud:-) Great job creating teal. Mine was a combo as well on the watercolor card:-)

Joyce Erb said...

Oops, forgot...Thanks so much for taking the challenge at The Mod Squad Challange!