Thursday, July 28, 2016

One-Layer Stamped Floral card

Welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Today I am sharing this easy one-layer card!  It really came together quickly - about 10 minutes.  

First, I stamped the sentiment.  Then I used my ruler to draw a line on either side.  Post-it notes were used to mask off the sentiment strip, and then I just used some pretty flower stamps from Gina K to fill in most of the card.  


I did use the rock-n-roll stamping technique on the leaves and the blue flowers.

I did make a second card, too, but it refused to play along with the photographing process. I liked the colors in it, though.


Supplies: Gina K Designs Made with Love and Massive Messages stamp sets, Gina K Wild Lilac ink, Hero Arts Shadow ink Butter Bar, Orange Soda, Pool, Cornflower, Green Hills, Field Greens, Versafine Onyx Black ink, black marker, Stickles

I would love to participate in the following challenges: 
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday - Anything Goes!
Tuesday Throwdown #304 - Happy Birthday

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Sometimes the quick and simple cards turn out the most amazing don't they? This is a case in point! So pretty Heidi! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards, Heidi. Don't ya just love that weird angle an iphone give the card lines in a photograph sometimes?

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Heidi, and I love the colors of your flowers! And I love the bordered sentiment! I was hoping to try that challenge this week, but I really love your card and love the sentiment that is bold enough for these beautiful flowers! Stunning card, sweet friend! Hugs!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful pair of cards! Great idea to mask off the sentiment for a layered look without the bulk! LOVE the colors on both!

scrappymo! said...

These are both so pretty! I like both colours and really like how the sentiment pops!

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous cards today and yes sometime simple is best and you've done a great job with these two colourful cards x

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty colours and design. You rocked these!

Conniecrafter said...

They are both gorgeous, in fact I love the colors in the second one more :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Heidi! It's so pretty and beautifully stamped.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Far North said...

What an elegant card! Love the balance of stamped images with the white space.