Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Seriously Clean and Simple Stocking Card

I am glad that I am feeling "ready" with Christmas cards this month (thanks to so many Christmas challenges), because as Thanksgiving is over, I haven't even begun to take down fall decor, let alone get out the Christmas stuff!

But I am still having fun doing some Christmas cardmaking.  Here is a really really clean and simple card I made for some challenges.  


Sometimes it is fun to just use a really small image. I used colored pencils on this tiny dollar bin stocking.  I layered up some die cuts to create a fun little focal point.  


Supplies: Stamp is unknown but is a dollar bin acrylic stamp, Elle Studio Cheers sentiment stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Derwent Coloursoft colored pencils, Darice embossing folder, Cheery Lynn designs Inverted Scalloped circle die, Spellbinders circle dies, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches for the sentiment banner, Distress ink Twisted Citron, Queen and Co Goosebumps gems.

I would LOVE to participate in the following challenges:
Power Poppy Think Pink
November Rudolph Days
A Blog Named Hero Holiday Challenge


Thanks for stopping by! Are you feeling ready for the holidays?

18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Lucky find with that dollar stamp. So pretty and loving the white textured background x

Cat Craig said...

So sweet, love that bit of pink peeking out about the edges.

Pat said...

This is a pretty card Heidi and I love the background embossing and the pretty stocking, great green gems too. Thank you for joining in with the November Rudolph Days Challenge. x

Beth Norman said...

What a cute card. Perfect for mass production.

Wendy Bellino said...

My Thanksgiving stuff is still up too, but I refuse to decorate until the first weekend in December! This week is the calm before the storm! Super cute card, you made that dollar store stocking look like a million bucks!

lostinpaper said...

Everything must be so busy in the US this time of year, with Halloween / Thanksgiving and then Christmas, I couldn't even begin to contemplate it all.... Love your sweet Christmas design and I'm so glad that you now feel on Christmas track!

scrappymo! said...

This is such a sweet card. I forget to use my dollar bin acrylic stamps and I must make an effort to remember in 2017...as they are always so fun and sweet.
Yours is so pretty and I like you design!
Hands are healing (slowly) so hope to get back into a blogging and visiting routine.

KandA said...

Fabulous card and such a great CAS design with that super stocking stamp and embossed background. Thanks for joining in with the Rudolph Days challenge xx

Linby said...

Fab CAS card. Happy Rudolph Day and thanks for visiting my blog.

April said...

So cute and I love the pink!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love pink and green as a combo and this is perfect!

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely adore this sweet little card Heidi!! Such a fun color combo and that textured background looks fabulous!! :) HUGS

Heather T said...

This is so pretty; I love the subtlety of the embossed background.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous card Heidi, as you say it's fun to use a focal image of a small stamp like this!!
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a great card design that really allows your different elements to shine, the embossing looks great and the layered dies and cute stocking are super cute. Happy belated Rudolph Day... Megan

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card! (Using my favorite color! PINK!)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, I LOVE these pretty non-traditional Christmas colours Heidi! Such a cute design! Thank you for continuing to pop by my blog and leaving your sweet comments, it means a lot to me, especially now, when my blogging and visits are so sporadic! I'm hoping Mum will be strong enough for me to ease off a little next year and I can get back to blogging proper again! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

scrappymo! said...

Popping by again with my challenge hat on...
Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.