Thursday, January 11, 2018

Dinosaur Birthday Card


I have so many cards that I need to make this January, including two for little boys.  I chose this 1985 Hero Arts Dinosaur image for this card.  I do think that this is mature enough for a man who likes dinosaurs, as well (and I do know men that really like them)!


I used a sketch for this card, and just changed up the two supporting elements for the banner and star. I also used a sentiment on the inside which is from the same set as the star.  


I would love the play along with:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - #435
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Patterned Paper
Tuesday Throwdown - Layer it Up!
DiesRUs Challenge - Anything Goes with Dies

Supplies:  Hero Arts Dinosaur Stamp, Memento Black ink, Gina K Designs Birthday Go Round stamp set, Versfine Olympia Green, Spanish Moss ink cubes, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles dies, EK Success little Banner punch and 1 inch circle punch, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers


I decided to make a second card with different papers for the second birthday boy, so I am tagging that on to the end of this post.  It is amazing how much less time a duplicate card takes!


Thanks for stopping by!  

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fun cards and yes great for a masculine card and older gentleman x

Carol L said...

What a fun pair of dinosaur cards, just perfect for some young man! The papers you chose are so fun, and I love those festive little banners too! Thanks for joining us with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, and good luck with the drawing!

Conniecrafter said...

That is too cute and your coloring is terrific on it. Good for you getting two cards made :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful masculine cards for any age!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, how absolutely adorable! My younger grandson would LOVE this dinosaur! I made a pillow out of his favorite tee shirt (that he outgrew), and he sleeps with it every night! What beautiful coloring and such a great layout! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Marina said...

I like this - it's fun but not too cutesy and I like the colour combo you've used.

Darlene said...

Fantastic! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us! Good Luck and Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Melissa Craig said...

Super fun card! I love it. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Janice M said...

This is so cute! Love the way you did the inside too. Thanks for playing along with s at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mandy said...

Fabulous masculine card Heidi! The image is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Cat Craig said...

Darling card Heidi, those banners remind me of the spines on the dinosaur.